Alert for August 25th: The Loaves & Fishes Food Bank will be moved to the Port Hardy Secondary School (9350 Granville Street) on this day.
Below is the guidance from BC’s Restart plan – we are recommending that volunteers, agencies and anyone else coming into the warehouse wear a mask.
Masks are recommended in indoor public places for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated. The mask mandate order under the Emergency Program Act was lifted July 1.
· You're fully vaccinated 14 days after dose 2
· Masks are optional for children aged 2 to 12
· Children under 2 should not wear masks
· Proof of vaccination does not need to be requested by service providers
· Some people may choose to continue to wear a mask after they're fully vaccinated and that's okay
· Increased social contact
· If you or anyone in your family feels sick stay home and get tested immediately
Anyone who can not come to a depot is encouraged to give the IDs for their household to someone else who can collect food for them. That person must be prepared to show their ID as well*
Bags Notice: Starting Monday, March 22nd all clients are asked to bring recycled or reusable bags to our depots to help pack food items. Thank you.
The Port Hardy Saint Columba's Anglican-United Church depot (9190 Granville Street, Port Hardy) schedule will be from 1:00pm-2:00pm on the following dates:
*Please note we allow 3rd party pickup of food. However anyone collecting for someone else must show their own government issued ID and provide the IDs of whoever they are collecting for. A printed picture/photocopy of IDs is accepted. Presenting IDs via cell phone photo is not accepted.*
(Households can collect this food every 4 weeks)
Households may pick up food every 4 weeks.
Don't forget to bring 1 piece of government issued ID for everyone in your household and your own bags.